It’s October, and that means it’s Liver Cancer Awareness Month! The efforts aim to encourage people who are at risk of liver cancer to follow up with their doctors and get proper ongoing screening for this, one of the deadliest, forms of cancer. It’s also one of the few types of cancer that’s on the rise.
If you are a practising surgeon or healthcare professional, prepare for your next case with these 3 procedures available for free in the Touch Surgery app:
With the Liver Laparoscopic Segmentectomy
you will prepare for:
- Positioning and trocar insertion
- Intraoperative exploration
- Tumour identification
- Primary vascular approach
With the Liver Anatomy, you will learn to:
- Describe the divisions of the liver based on Brisbane 2000 classification.
- Identify key intrahepatic and extrahepatic structures necessary for performing safe HPB surgery.
Most liver resections are performed either for malignant or benign tumors.
Intraoperative ultrasound is a must in most cases to confirm location of tumor, map out vessels, look for other lesions and aid in ablation procedures.
Discover more procedures available now for free in the Touch Surgery app