Today we’re announcing that we’ll be joining Upscale. The Upscale programme from Tech City UK will power 30 of the fastest growing UK tech companies on their scaling journey
The companies selected have been chosen by the expert fro Tech City Upscale judging panel as they represent the emerging digital businesses with the most potential for rapid scale and international growth.
As part of the programme, the 30 Upscale companies will work with Scale Coaches that have a proven track record of growing successful tech companies across the world.
Scale Coaches will share their experience to help Upscale entrepreneurs address the wide range of specific challenges encountered by fast-growth businesses.
Upscale in numbers:
- 90% of companies incorporated in the last six years
- Average fund raise thus far: $8M
- Average revenue: $1.8M
- Average number of employees: 30
- Average growth of sales revenue was 53% month-on-month – over the last three months, where indicated as primary business metric
The first intake of businesses reflects the growing diversity of the UK’s digital specialists. We’re delighted to have been selected alongside such as strong group of businesses and entrepreneurs.
The full list of Upscale companies is:
- E-commerce: Depop, Metail, Pact Coffee, Snap Fashion, Thread, Bloom & Wild
- Fintech: Seedrs, Elliptic, Growth Street, Property Partner, Sybenetix, Receipt Bank
- Data & Analytics: Growth Intel, Import, Improbable, Ometria, EDITED
- Edtech: Administrate, Kano, Lingvist, Show My Homework
- Hardware & IoT: Cocoon, M Squared Lasers, SAM Labs
- Healthtech and biology: Touch Surgery, Zesty, Synthace
- Other: Global App Testing, Wakelet, Appear Here
Programme partners Silicon Valley Bank and law firm Cooley LLP will support Upscale entrepreneurs by offering bespoke financial and legal advice on scaling, including those looking to expand into new markets like China or the US.
Upscale builds on Tech City UK’s commitment to support UK digital businesses at every stage of their lifecycle and growth trajectory, from the Digital Business Academy for very early stage entrepreneurs, to Future Fifty for much later stage businesses.
Gerard Grech, CEO of Tech City UK, said: “Upscale from Tech City UK is a grassroots initiative to coach the next generation of UK-based entrepreneurs. Upscale has been built from the ground up, using direct feedback from company founders, investors and ecosystem partners. I’d like to welcome everyone aboard and thank all of our advisors and friends who helped this take off.”
Eileen Burbidge, Chair of Tech City UK and Upscale Advisor, said: “I’m thrilled that Tech City UK is launching Upscale, which will provide valuable support and resource to some of our fastest growing and most promising digital businesses in Britain.”
Scale Coach Sarah Wood, co-founder and co-CEO of Unruly, said: “Our tech start-up ecosystem is stronger than ever; scaling UK start-ups further and faster is now the most pressing challenge for UK PLC if we want to harness the business opportunities brought about by the digital revolution. Only by working together and sharing our expertise can we ensure that as many UK companies as possible go from start-up to scale-up and contribute to the future growth of the UK’s digital economy.”